This amazing piece of art was done by Lacie Laurendine, check out her etsy shop and buy something!
Here's a vegan recipe that's actually really good. Yes, I'll admit that a vegan recipe is actually good. For those of your who are vegan and found this through PETA's website, yes the sour cream is optional.
For those of us who aren't vegan, this recipe is a great breakfast taco choice for times when you're burnt out on scrambled eggs.
Tofu Potato Tacos
Makes 4 tacos
- 2 Golden Potatoes diced
- 7 oz Firm Tofu cubed
- 1/2 cup Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Bacon Fat (or vegetable oil if you're a vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 4 Corn Tortillas ( Or a Corn/Flour Blend)
- Sour Cream optional
- Parsley optional
- Add the bacon fat to a cast iron pan or a large skillet. Once the bacon fat is melted add the potatoes and saute until they're golden brown.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and hot sauce.
- Stir in the tofu. Be aggressive in your tofu stirring to break it into cottage cheese size curds.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce. Let it boil down for 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve up on warmed tortillas and top with sour cream and parsley if you desire.