Summer is starting to wind down so I figured it was about time to finally make a picnic dish. Deviled eggs are a classic dish, but I wanted to do my own thing with them. I love eggs and I love curry, so I figured why not combine the two.
WARNING: These are spicy. They're so spicy that if you bring them to a church picnic, Jesus would avoid them.
Curry Deviled Eggs
- 6 Eggs Hard Boiled
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 Plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- Oregano Blossoms or Chives (optional) or you could even top with some toasted peanut crumbs!
- Once your eggs have finished cooking. Remove from the hot water and peel the shell of the egg.
- Cut in half. Remove the yolks from the egg whites and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the spices, lime juice, mayo and yogurt. Stir until the yolk lumps are broken up.
- Scoop the paste back into the egg whites and top with either oregano blossoms or chives.