Oh! You love Animal style fries from In n Out Burger? You thought there's no way to improve on the cheesy gut bomb? Believe me, my friend there's always ways to improve on something great.
And if you have no idea what I mean by 'Animal Style' you might guess it's something you'd find pictured in the Kama Sutra. When it's actually just cheese sauce, fry sauce and caramelized onions atop of fries.
Easy Briesy Cheesy Fries
- 2 Red Potatoes julienned
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 oz. Brie peeled
- 1/4 cup Pale Ale Beer
- 1/2 teaspoon Flour
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dill Relish
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- Chives diced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss the cut potatoes in olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Place in oven on a baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes. Flipping occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the mayo, ketchup, relish, and sriracha in a bowl. Place in refrigerator until the fries are cooked.
- In a small skillet add the beer, brie sauce and flour. Heat over low heat. Stir with a rubber spatula until the brie melts. Be sure to avoid burning or breaking the sauce.
- Once the fries are slightly crispy plate by layering fries, cheese sauce, fry sauce and topped with chives.