Lovers of all things kale look away now. This caramel is engineered to be delicious aka terrible for you (healthwise). Loads of sugar, cream, butter and salt. That's right salt, oh remember that coffee infused salt on the previous post? I used that to top these gooey delicious pieces of goodness.
This stuff is stickier than a strip club bathroom, betcha that's the grossest metaphor you've ever read on a cooking blog.
Coffee Salted Caramel
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Espresso
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Infused Salt
- In a medium sauce pan mix in everything except the vanilla extract and the salt.
- Heating over high heat, while stirring bring the caramel mixture up to 250° (it's gonna take awhile).
- Spray an edged baking sheet with Pam, the cooking oil not the person. Pour the caramel on the baking sheet. Let cool for about a minute before topping the caramel with the coffee salt.
- Once cool, cut the caramel into pieces and wrap in parchment paper. Or just cut them into cubes and share with friends immediately, believe me they will eat at least one. Enjoy!