It's been a while since I posted a breakfast recipe so I figured it was about time I changed that. Sure I could have made a quiche with a flaky pie crust, but once again, "who ever said 'easy as pie' has obviously never made one and is an asshole." No, instead I made a delicious egg cake filled with bacon, cheese and well the ingredient list is right down there I'm not typing it all out again. So go ahead and invite a few friends over this Saturday and cure your Halloween hangovers. Note: this will not correct the mistakes of Halloween night by the way. Actually yes, yes it will.
- 8 Eggs
- 8 Strips of Bacon
- 4 White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/4 cup Chives minced
- 1/4 cup Tillamook Cheddar Cheese grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Splash of Half & Half
- Yes, you'll need a cast iron skillet for this.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook the bacon in the skillet over medium heat until crispy. DO NOT REMOVE GREASE!
- Add the onions to the hot grease. Now would be a good time to chop up that bacon. After the onions cook for a minute or so add the jalapenos, garlic and mushrooms. Continue cooking until the onions become slightly caramelized.
- Whisk together the eggs, cheddar, Half & Half, salt, pepper, paprika, and chives. Set aside.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan, straining out as much grease as possible. Pour the excess grease out of the skillet, but don't wipe it clean.
- Stir the bacon, onions, jalapenos, and mushrooms into the egg mixture. Temper the eggs by only adding a third at a time. Pour the egg mixture back into the hot greasy skillet. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!