We're back with breakfast! It's been a while, but I proffer onto you yet another Cooking with B.S. breakfast recipe. I think after making Skip's Scramble I was a little burnt out the breakfast food group. If you're wondering what's in this food group, it's mainly the stuff on the top of the pyramid.
Side note: Fermented black garlic is my new favorite ingredient. It's sweeter and less intense than your average garlic. I found mine at Trader Joe's. I highly recommend putting it in your next dish, even if it's some sort of sugar cookie.
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4 Bacon Strips cooked
- 3 cloves Black Fermented Garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 cup White Cheddar grated
- 5 slices of Sourdough Bread toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a small bowl mix the black garlic in with the half & half.
- Lay the bacon strips in the pan you're going to be baking the eggs in. Or if you're feeling ambitious and good about your cholesterol level you can make a bacon weave on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the half & half over the bacon. Crack the eggs over the half and half, be sure to evenly space them in the pan.
- Top the eggs with the Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and white cheddar.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. (Don't worry if you happen to forget it for 20 minutes while you're exploring travel pictures on tumblr, it'll still taste great, the eggs will just be a little overdone.)
- Eat with toast and enjoy your morning by having a conversation with whomever you're sharing this dish with.