Thanksgiving is here once again. A holiday which originated from the minds at Hallmark to sell turkeys and cranberry sauce. Or maybe I'm thinking of every other holiday ever. These roasted carrots are a perfect side dish for you Thanksgiving dinner, because let's be honest we're all tired of soupy sweet potatoes covered in marshmallows.
Good news everyone! The PSU farmer's market is now open year round! Do yourself a favor next Saturday and stop by, even during the winter there's still a vibrant selection of produce and other locally made food.
Oregon chanterelles are by far one of my favorite varieties mushroom. Most people have a favorite sports team, I have a favorite mushroom, so your move ladies!
Makes 4 servings
- 6 Carrots halved w/ greens removed
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Mix the brown sugar, salt, spices, miso, and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Place the halved carrots on a baking sheet. Coat the flat tops of the carrots with the spice paste. Bake for 45 minutes. Halfway through baking turn the carrots over. Shake the pan to ensure full spice coverage. Continue baking.
- Top with a bit of fresh parsley and enjoy!