This is probably my most colorfully titled blog post yet! Chard and citrus complement each other very well and blood oranges are probably my favorite fruit within the citrus genus. For those who have never had chard, it's nothing to be scared of, chard is just a leafy green that's high in vitamin A, C, and K.
Blood Orange Rainbow Chard
- About 12 large leafs of chopped rainbow chard
- 1 blood orange juiced and zested into strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Throw in the garlic. Put the chopped chard in the pan, I like to include the steams, but you don't have to add, if you find them too crunchy.
- Peel parts of the orange skin into strips and add the zest to the pan. Cut the orange in half and add the juice as well.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring occasionally until the chard is wilted, about 8 minutes or so.
- Plate and serve as a side! And make sure to remove the orange peels! Enjoy!
Above is a little preview of the Open Steak Sandwich post, which I'll be posting later this week!