This delicious leftover sandwich was made from last night's chicken from this recipe. The chicken in this salad was extra flavorful, because it was soaked overnight in the fig sauce. I pulled appart the chicken and added:
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- 1 carrot peeled
- 1/4 toasted walnuts (finely chopped)
- the leftover figs from the port and fig chicken recipe (about 6 figs cut into 4ths)
- the leftover sauce from last night's chicken
- 2 heaping table spoons of light mayo
Then just mix until everything is covered in the mayo and scoop onto some toast, bread or a plate.
Then toasted some sourdough bread and topped one slice with some medium sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese and some arugula. The end result is a high class sandwich made from leftovers.