I asked for suggestions for dinner and the response I got was, "salmon with...peaches!" After mulling it over for a while I decided to make an Asian inspired Peach Glazed Salon dish. For making it up as I went along, I say it turned out pretty damn good. I paired the salmon with some brown rice and stir fried vegetables.
I would suggest starting the rice first.
Brown Rice with Chives
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 table spoon of chopped chives
- Make the rice and once it's finished cooking, fluff the rice and add chives to add some color and flavor.
Peach Glazed Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2 peaches diced
- 2 chives chopped (mainly for garnishing)
- Juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 4 large leaves of mint finely chopped
- 3 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- In a bowl combine everything listed above expect the goat cheese and salmon. Mix and crush everything together with your fingers.
- Heat the oven to 375. Take out a baking sheet and some tin foil and set the salmon fillet on the tin foil. Pour the peach mixture (glaze? salsa? chutney?) over the salmon covering the top of the entire fillet. Wrap the salmon in the foil making a nice foil pocket so all the moisture doesn't escape.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Though it may look a little gross, leave the peaches on the salmon! That's where flavor lives.
Stir frying vegetables is pretty easy to do just take out a skillet or a wok, turn the stove on medium and add the following ingredients in the order they're listed in.
- Olive Oil
- Bell Pepper
- Snap Peas
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
There are two methods of plating this dish. The traditional way of piling everything into thirds on a plate and eating them separately. The other option is to make a tower of deliciousness and top it off with some goat cheese and chives.
Another healthy and delicious dish!
Photos by Katy Weaver